Elon Musk, the owner of Twitter, has revealed Linda Yaccarino as the platform’s new Chief Executive Officer.
On Friday, Mr. Musk announced his decision to appoint Ms. Yaccarino, who is 60 years old, to the top role at Twitter.
This news came just a few hours after NBCUniversal declared that Ms. Yaccarino had resigned with immediate effect.
READ HIS WORDS…
“I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new C.E.O. of Twitter,” Mr. Musk tweeted. He said she would mainly handle business operations while he would continue working on product design and technology.
The 59-year-old American media guru of Italian descent was announced on Friday.
Below are 10 interesting things to know about the new Twitter CEO.
1. Linda Yaccarino was born in 1963 in New York, United States, to immigrant parents of Italian descent.
2. Her parents are Bob Yaccarino and Isabella Bartolone Yaccarino. She has two sisters, Lori Yaccarino Armstrong and Kate Yaccarino.
3. She was educated at Deer Park High School and Penn State University.
4. She is married to a fellow American of Italian descent, Claude Peter Madrazo, and the union is blessed with two children, a daughter, Christian Madrazo, and a son, Matthew Madrazo.
5. Linda Yaccarino starred in the Italian version of the reality show Big Brother from 2011 to 2012.
6. She worked as executive vice president and COO of advertising sales, marketing, and acquisitions at Turner Broadcasting between 1992 and 2011.
7. She served as Chairman, Global Advertising & Partnerships at NBC Universal Media, LLC, from 2011 to 2023. She also did her internship at NBC during her college years.
8. She announced her resignation from NBC Universal Media, LLC, hours before her announcement as the new Twitter CEO.
9. She is the first female Twitter CEO.
10. Linda Yaccarino is reportedly worth $30 million.