Skip to content
February 18, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
BestXplorer

BestXplorer

We Xplore and deliver the Best!.

Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • MUSIC
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • DEEP SECRETS
  • MIXTAPE
  • MOVIES
  • NEWS
    • INSTRUMENTAL
  • ALBUM
  • LYRICS
  • POLITICS
  • SPORTS
Live
  • NEWS

Nigerian Army General M. Uba Killed by ISWAP Terrorists After Being Captured

Fidwon November 17, 2025 4 minutes read
Nigerian Army Commander, Brig-Gen Uba Killed By ISWAP After Terrorists Intercepted His Location

A Ngerian Army top officer and commander, Brigadier General M Uba, has been killed by Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters after the terrorists reportedly intercepted and tracked his location along the Damboa–Biu axis in Borno State, multiple security sources have confirmed.

The tragic incident occurred shortly after the Brigade Commander had participated in a successful joint air–ground offensive against insurgents in the area.

Advertisements

According to PRNigeria, the General had earlier spoken with his superiors, confirming that he was safe following the operation and was regrouping with his team.

However, the officer’s communication may have inadvertently exposed his coordinates.

He was captured alive while the terrorists interrogated him briefly before summarily executing him.

Earlier reports detailed a joint military operation in which the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft swiftly intervened to rescue ground troops who had come under heavy ambush by ISWAP terrorists.

The operation began when ground forces, led by the Brigadier General, advanced into the area, unaware that the route had been booby-trapped.

Following an intense exchange of gunfire, the sudden surge in terrorist numbers forced the commander to order a tactical withdrawal and issue a distress call for air support.

Responding, NAF aircraft diverted from ongoing missions to provide close air support, delivering decisive strikes that helped disperse the terrorists and rescue the military commander, his troops, and accompanying members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF).

SaharaReporters on Saturday reported that top military brass including the Operation Hadin Kai, Theatre Commander, Major General Abdulsalam Abubakar, stormed the military base in Damboa, Borno State, to lead rescue operations for some abducted army personnel.

SaharaReporters had learnt that the abduction of the officers followed a violent ambush by fighters of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) that left two soldiers and two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) dead.

The attack, which occurred on Friday night also led to the reported abduction of Brigadier General M Uba, along with two other soldiers.

Although the Nigerian Army in a release earlier denied the abduction of the 25 Brigade Commander, soldiers who spoke with SaharaReporters confirmed that the commander was not yet back to the base.

READ ALSO:  Key Boko Haram Leaders Killed In Borno Air Strikes – Military

Multiple military sources told SaharaReporters that the Theatre Commander of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), Major General Abubakar, and the Sector 2 Commander arrived in Damboa shortly after the attack to coordinate rescue efforts and enhance troop morale.

“The Brigadier General who was abducted managed to send his live location to colleagues,” a senior military source revealed.

“They traced it and found the spot, but there was no trace of him. It’s unclear if his phone died or was seized by the terrorists.”

Another source added that the abducted officer appeared to have access to his phone under duress.

“Even yesterday morning, he made a video call to his dry cleaner but warned him not to talk,” the source said.

Despite deploying troops to the location shared by the officer, they returned without success. One soldier who was shot and abducted along with him was reportedly freed, but the senior officer and two others remained missing.

The sources noted that in response to the crisis, one Brigadier General Mustapha has been appointed to lead the 26 Task Force Brigade in Damboa, while troops previously engaged in the rescue operation were withdrawn early Sunday.

According to top military officers, “Information reaching us revealed that the Brigadier-General was abducted alongside three other soldiers. However, one of the soldiers was shot and left behind in the bush.

“Those who returned to the camp on foot yesterday were two Majors. A commander has been temporarily appointed to oversee the affairs of the Brigade pending confirmation from Army Headquarters.

“Another Brigade Commander, Brigadier-General Mustapha, has also been appointed. Nigerian Army top commanders have stormed the Damboa base in Borno State to rescue the Brigadier-General and two soldiers still in Boko Haram captivity.”

SaharaReporters previously reported that ISWAP fighters ambushed a Nigerian military convoy late Friday night, killing multiple soldiers and members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), in northeastern Nigeria.

The attackers, armed and highly organised, targeted the convoy in what appears to be a coordinated strike, leaving a trail of casualties and panic in the region.

About the Author

Fidwon

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: SHOCKING: Lieutenant Yarima escapes assassination attempt in Abuja
Next: Welcome To Club Ritaz & Restaurant, The Biggest Luxurious Nightlife in Abraka Delta state

Related Stories

Newspaper-Daily1
  • NEWS
  • News Xtra

Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

Fidwon February 18, 2026
Top 5 Business Blogs in Nigeria Grow Your Brand on QuePosts
  • NEWS

Top 5 Business Blogs in Nigeria: Grow Your Brand on QuePosts

Report Naija February 17, 2026
EFCC detains former Kaduna Governor El-Rufai
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS

BREAKING: EFCC detains former Kaduna Governor El-Rufai

Fidwon February 17, 2026

BestXplorer Face Of The Week

BestXplorer

Nigeria No 1 Blog

Recent Posts

  • ‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)
  • MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World
  • Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case
  • “They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes
  • Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Trending News

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video) Portable 1
  • ENTERTAINMENT

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)

February 18, 2026
MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World Lumiegee Art 2
  • MUSIC

MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World

February 18, 2026
Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case Davido-affirms-love-for-daughter-Imade-as-she-turns-10-Kemi-Filani-blog-min 3
  • ENTERTAINMENT

Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case

February 18, 2026
“They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes Simi 4
  • ENTERTAINMENT

“They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes

February 18, 2026
Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning Newspaper-Daily1 5
  • NEWS
  • News Xtra

Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

February 18, 2026
  • HOME
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.