Skip to content
February 18, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
BestXplorer

BestXplorer

We Xplore and deliver the Best!.

Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • MUSIC
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • DEEP SECRETS
  • MIXTAPE
  • MOVIES
  • NEWS
    • INSTRUMENTAL
  • ALBUM
  • LYRICS
  • POLITICS
  • SPORTS
Live
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS

The Coup in Guinea-Bissau: Goodluck Jonathan Stranded as Military Takes Power

Fidwon November 27, 2025 2 minutes read
The Coup in Guinea-Bissau: Goodluck Jonathan Stranded as Military Takes Power

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is confirmed safe but stranded in Guinea-Bissau after the military seized power and shut the country’s borders.

Former President, Dr. Jonathan, who led the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) observer team for the presidential and parliamentary elections, is unable to leave alongside hundreds of foreign observers.

Advertisements

The takeover occurred as results were being awaited. Soldiers identifying themselves as the “High Military Command for the Restoration of Order” announced they had taken “total control” of the state, suspended the electoral process and imposed an overnight curfew while closing land, air and sea borders.

Their move followed conflicting victory claims by President Umaro Sissoco Embalo and opposition candidate Fernando Dias. Embalo told France24, “I have been deposed,” saying he was being held at the military headquarters, while opposition leader Domingos Simoes Pereira was also reportedly arrested. Coup leader Denis N’Canha, head of the presidential guard, is said to be attempting to cut the country’s internet access.

READ ALSO:  We're Receiving calls to overthrow Tinubu: Nigeria Military Reveals

Jonathan had earlier shared updates of his observer activities, including polling station visits and a condolence visit to the family of former First Lady Mrs. Isolina Da Fonseca Nhamajo. His spokesman could not be reached, but former aide Ima Niboro confirmed he is safe but trapped with other election monitors.

In a joint statement, Jonathan and other African leaders in Bissau condemned the military action, warning it undermines the democratic process and thr+atens the country’s stability.

They urged the African Union and ECOWAS to intervene, called for the release of detained electoral officials, and appealed to citizens to remain calm while efforts to restore constitutional order continue.

About the Author

Fidwon

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Leak Videos of m0ms kissing Son & even Twerking with him surfaces online
Next: Military escorts Ex President, Goodluck Jonathan out of Guinea-Bissau Peacefully

Related Stories

Newspaper-Daily1
  • NEWS
  • News Xtra

Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

Fidwon February 18, 2026
Top 5 Business Blogs in Nigeria Grow Your Brand on QuePosts
  • NEWS

Top 5 Business Blogs in Nigeria: Grow Your Brand on QuePosts

Report Naija February 17, 2026
EFCC detains former Kaduna Governor El-Rufai
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS

BREAKING: EFCC detains former Kaduna Governor El-Rufai

Fidwon February 17, 2026

BestXplorer Face Of The Week

BestXplorer

Nigeria No 1 Blog

Recent Posts

  • ‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)
  • MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World
  • Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case
  • “They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes
  • Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Trending News

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video) Portable 1
  • ENTERTAINMENT

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)

February 18, 2026
MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World Lumiegee Art 2
  • MUSIC

MUSIC: Lumiegee – My World

February 18, 2026
Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case Davido-affirms-love-for-daughter-Imade-as-she-turns-10-Kemi-Filani-blog-min 3
  • ENTERTAINMENT

Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case

February 18, 2026
“They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes Simi 4
  • ENTERTAINMENT

“They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes

February 18, 2026
Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning Newspaper-Daily1 5
  • NEWS
  • News Xtra

Newspapers: 10 important headlines you need to know this Wednesday morning

February 18, 2026
  • HOME
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.