Skip to content
February 21, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
BestXplorer

BestXplorer

We Xplore and deliver the Best!.

Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • MUSIC
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • DEEP SECRETS
  • MIXTAPE
  • MOVIES
  • NEWS
    • INSTRUMENTAL
  • ALBUM
  • LYRICS
  • POLITICS
  • SPORTS
Live
  • ENTERTAINMENT

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs aka P-Diddy arrested for sex trafficking indictment

Fidwon September 18, 2024 6 minutes read
P Diddy Combs arrested

Music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs was taken into custody on Tuesday, awaiting trial in a high-profile federal sex trafficking case.

He faces charges of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking, with accusations of overseeing a criminal network involving sexual exploitation, blackmail, and acts of violence. The indictment details alleged crimes dating back to 2008.

Advertisements

This rephrasing maintains clarity, and the terms like “federal sex trafficking case,” “music mogul,” “racketeering conspiracy,” and “criminal network” enhance SEO by aligning with common search queries.

He’s accused of inducing female victims and male sex workers into drugged-up, sometimes dayslong sexual performances dubbed “Freak Offs.” The indictment also refers obliquely to an attack on his former girlfriend, the R&B singer Cassie, that was captured on video.

“Not guilty,” Combs told a court, standing to speak after expressionlessly listening to the allegations with his uncuffed hands folded in his lap.

After U.S. Magistrate Judge Robyn Tarnofsky declined to grant him bail, Combs took a long swig from a water bottle, then was led out of court, turning toward family members in the audience as he went.

“Mr. Combs is a fighter. He’s going to fight this to the end. He’s innocent,” his lawyer, Marc Agnifilo, said after court. He plans to appeal the bail decision.

The Bad Boy Records founder is accused of sexually abusing and using physical force toward women and getting his personal assistants, security and household staff to help him hide it all. Prosecutors say he also tried to bribe and intimidate witnesses and victims to keep them quiet.

“Simply put, he is a serial abuser and a serial obstructor,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Emily Johnson told a court.

Agnifilo acknowledged Combs was “not a perfect person,” saying he’d used drugs and had been in “toxic relationships” but was getting treatment and therapy.

“The evidence in this case is extremely problematic,” the attorney told the court.

He maintained that the case stemmed from one long-term, consensual relationship that faltered amid infidelity. He didn’t name the woman, but the details matched those of Combs’ decade-long involvement with Cassie, whose legal name is Casandra Ventura.

The “Freak Offs,” Agnifilo contended, were an expansion of that relationship, and not coercive.

“Is it sex trafficking? Not if everybody wants to be there,” Agnifilo said, arguing that authorities were intruding on his client’s private life.

Prosecutors said in court papers that they had interviewed more than 50 victims and witnesses and expect the number to grow. They said they would use financial, travel and billing records, electronic data and communications and videos of the “Freak Offs” to prove their case.

Combs was arrested Monday in Manhattan, roughly six months after federal authorities raided his luxurious homes in Los Angeles and Miami.

A conviction on every charge would require at least 15 years in prison, with the possibility of a life sentence.

The indictment describes Combs as the head of a criminal enterprise that engaged or attempted to engage in sex trafficking, forced labor, interstate transportation for purposes of prostitution, drug offenses, kidnapping, arson, bribery and obstruction of justice.

Combs and his associates wielded his “power and prestige” to intimidate and lure women into his orbit, “often under the pretense of a romantic relationship,” according to the indictment.

It says he then would use force, threats and coercion to get the women to engage with male sex workers in the “Freak Offs” — “elaborate and produced sex performances” that Combs arranged and recorded, creating dozens of videos.

READ ALSO:  BREAKING: Jay-Z accused of raping a 13-year-old girl along with Sean Diddy Combs

He ensured their participation by procuring and providing drugs, controlling their careers, leveraging his financial support and using intimidation and violence, according to the indictment. It said his employees facilitated “Freak Offs” by taking care of tasks like travel and hotel arrangements and stocking them with such supplies as drugs and baby oil.

The events could last for days, and Combs and victims would often receive IV fluids to recover from the exertion and drug use, the indictment said.

During the searches of Combs’ homes earlier this year, law enforcement seized narcotics, videos of the performances and more than 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubricant, according to prosecutors. They said agents also seized firearms and ammunition, including three AR-15s with defaced serial numbers in his bedroom closet in Miami.

Combs’ lawyer said his client didn’t own the guns, noting that he employs a security company.

The indictment says Combs choked, shoved, hit and kicked people, causing injuries that often took days or weeks to heal. His employees and associates sometimes kept victims from leaving or tracked down those who tried, the indictment said.

It alleges that Combs used explicit recordings as “collateral” to ensure the women’s continued obedience and silence. He also exerted control over victims by promising career opportunities, providing and threatening to withhold financial support, dictating how they looked, monitoring their health records and controlling where they lived, according to the indictment.

As the threat of criminal charges loomed, Combs and his associates pressured witnesses and victims to stay silent, offering bribes and supplying false narratives of what happened, the indictment says.

In a court filing, prosecutors accused Combs and an unidentified co-conspirator of kidnapping someone at gunpoint in December 2011 in order to facilitate a break-in at another person’s home. Two weeks later, prosecutors wrote, Combs set fire to someone’s vehicle by slicing open its convertible top and dropping in a Molotov cocktail.

All of this, prosecutors say, was happening behind the facade of Combs’ global music, lifestyle and clothing business.

Combs was recognized as one of the most influential figures in hip-hop before a flood of allegations emerged over the past year.

In November, Ventura filed a lawsuit saying he had beaten and raped her for years. She accused Combs of coercing her, and others, into unwanted sex in drug-fueled settings.

The suit was settled in one day, but months later, CNN aired hotel security footage showing Combs punching and kicking Ventura and throwing her on a floor. After the video aired, Combs apologized, saying, “I was disgusted when I did it.”

The indictment refers to the attack, without naming Ventura, and says Combs tried to bribe a hotel security staffer to stay mum about it.

Douglas Wigdor, a lawyer for Ventura, declined to comment Tuesday.

Combs and his attorneys denied similar allegations made by others in a string of lawsuits.

The AP does not typically name people who say they have been sexually abused unless they come forward publicly, as Ventura did.

 

About the Author

Fidwon

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: CLASSIC: Wizkid Releases Snippets of Morayo Album (Listen & Watch)
Next: BREAKING: Meet NASA astronauts stranded in space until 2025

Related Stories

Portable
  • ENTERTAINMENT

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)

Fidwon February 18, 2026
Davido-affirms-love-for-daughter-Imade-as-she-turns-10-Kemi-Filani-blog-min
  • ENTERTAINMENT

Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after daughter, Imade custody case

Fidwon February 18, 2026
Simi
  • ENTERTAINMENT

“They need to castrate rapists and burn them” – Singer Simi fumes

Fidwon February 18, 2026

BestXplorer Face Of The Week

BestXplorer

Nigeria No 1 Blog

Recent Posts

  • AUDIO + VIDEO: Thunder Miracle – Move On
  • Meet Ezeji Emmanuel Ogochukwu: The Owner Of REPORTNAIJA
  • 10 important headlines you need to know this Friday morning
  • Super Eagles coach Chelle requests $130,000 monthly, 18 conditions to extend contract – Report reveals
  • ‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Trending News

AUDIO + VIDEO: Thunder Miracle – Move On Thunder Miracle Art 1
  • Video

AUDIO + VIDEO: Thunder Miracle – Move On

February 20, 2026
Meet Ezeji Emmanuel Ogochukwu: The Owner Of REPORTNAIJA Ezeji-Emmanuel-Ogochukwu-684x1024 2
  • NEWS

Meet Ezeji Emmanuel Ogochukwu: The Owner Of REPORTNAIJA

February 20, 2026
10 important headlines you need to know this Friday morning Newspaper-Daily1 3
  • NEWS

10 important headlines you need to know this Friday morning

February 20, 2026
Super Eagles coach Chelle requests $130,000 monthly, 18 conditions to extend contract – Report reveals Chelle 4
  • SPORTS

Super Eagles coach Chelle requests $130,000 monthly, 18 conditions to extend contract – Report reveals

February 19, 2026
‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video) Portable 5
  • ENTERTAINMENT

‘I’m bigger than everybody’ – Portable reacts to claims of Olamide, promoters blacklisting him (Video)

February 18, 2026
  • HOME
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.