- Award-winning singer, David Adeleke, also known as Davido.
- He has been beckoned upon by a group, called Support Group for Nigerian Orphans (AGNO).
- Call on him to carry orphans in the northern part of the country along while disbursing his earmarked N250 million to orphanages.
- The group led by its chairman, Salisu Waziri Ibrahim.
- They made the call on Sunday in Jalingo, the Taraba State capital.
- saying that extending the gesture to northern orphanages would go a long way in addressing the numerous challenges they are facing.
The group said it has become necessary for them to remind Davido of his roots.
Davido, he said, was born in the north, but hardly visits and is not in touch with some realities.
“we have numerous orphans in this part of the country that can not raise their voices unless for some of us the NGOs that have been speaking for them” stressing that “many of them have been in camps.”
Recall that Davido has said the N250 million he received from fans, friends and families as donations would be given out to orphanage homes spread across the country.