“Why Killings Are Yet To Stop In Southern Kaduna” || Sanusi Reveals. Read His Reasons…

0
490
The Emir of Kano, Mohammed Sanusi II, has stated that killings in Southern Kaduna have continued unabated because masterminds and culprits are yet to be punished.
Sanusi spoke yesterday at the award presentation ceremony of ‘Most Security Conscious Governor’ to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi in Abuja by the Nigeria Police Force.
The monarch lamented that many of the culprits had been identified in the past by tribunals but nothing was done to them, adding that security challenges in Nigeria were caused by poverty and lack of education.
The Emir wondered why Boko Haram sect which claimed to be fighting for Islam was killing Muslims while the Niger Delta militants agitating for resource control were bombing oil pipelines and destroying environment.
He said, “You are a Muslim, you go to mosques, people are praying and you are killing them and saying Allah. In the Niger Delta, we have people who are fighting for resource control, they want money from oil and how do they get the money? They blow up the pipelines.
“There is such a lack of understanding, focus and sense to the violence. How do you blow up your pipelines, resources because you want resource control? How would you blow up mosques because you want to establish an Islamic system?”
“In Southern Kaduna, we have people who have lived together for decades and centuries killing each other because they have constructed fake identities, settler and indigene, and because of genuinely lack of enforcement of the law.
“Every time there is crisis in Southern Kaduna, people die, there is a tribunal, there is a report, culprits are identified and nothing happens. So, these small instances utterly lead to conflagration.”
Sanusi further advised state governors to make the citizens their priority and stop constructing skyscrapers and building beautiful state capitals.
He insisted that now is the time to improve the welfare of the people, invest in education and agriculture.
RECOMMENDED:  As 2Baba Plans Monday Nationwide Protest, National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) said it has mobilised 15,000 youths to welcome the president. Read more...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here